In addition to my day job as a contributing editor, I occasionally take on freelance copy editing or proofreading projects in my spare time. The books that I normally edit are titles in Christian theology, church history, and biblical studies, although I am always open to new subjects.
• I have a degree in journalism from the University of Richmond.
• I was a Dow Jones Newspaper Fund copy editing intern at the Los Angeles Times.
• I have an MDiv from Regent College, with a Christianity and Culture concentration.
• While at Regent, I edited the student newspaper, the Et Cetera.
• I am comfortable editing books that use biblical Greek and Hebrew.
• I am thoroughly familiar with the Chicago Manual of Style and the Society of Biblical Literature Style Guide.
• Over the years, I have spent countless hours reading books in theology, church history, and biblical studies. I am familiar with the major players in all these disciplines, and I know when their names and the names of their works are misspelled. 🙂
Books I Have Copy Edited
- Lexham English Bible, Old Testament (Lexham Press, 2013)
- Eugene Carpenter, Exodus: Evangelical Exegetical Commentary (Lexham Press, 2012)
- Rick Brannan, Greek Apocryphal Gospels, Fragments, and Agrapha (Lexham Press, 2013)
- Wendy Widder, Augustine Versus Luther on Sin, Sexuality, and Salvation (Lexham Press, 2013)
- Brian Maiers, The Collision of Early Christianity and Judaism in Revelation 11 (Lexham Press, 2013)
- A. Boyd Luter, Song of Songs: Evangelical Exegetical Commentary (Lexham Press, 2013)
- Anthony Tomasino, Esther: Evangelical Exegetical Commentary (Lexham Press, 2013)
- Lee Martin McDonald, The Story of Jesus in History and Faith: An Introduction (Baker Academic, 2013)
- Nathan Hieb, Christ Crucified in a Suffering World: The Unity of Atonement and Liberation (Fortress Press, 2013)
- Myk Habets, Theology in Transposition: A Constructive Appraisal of T. F. Torrance (Fortress Press, 2013)
- Walter Wink, Walter Wink: Collected Readings (Fortress Press, 2013)
- A. Boyd Luter, Song of Songs: Evangelical Exegetical Commentary (Logos, 2013)
- Rebecca Todd Peters, Solidarity Ethics: Transformation in a Globalized World (Fortress Press, 2014)
- Neil Ormerod, Re-Visioning the Church: An Experiment in Systematic-Historical Ecclesiology (Fortress Press, 2014)
- Abner Chou, Lamentations: Evangelical Exegetical Commentary (Lexham Press, 2014)
- John L. Drury, The Resurrected God: Karl Barth’s Trinitarian Theology of Easter (Fortress Press, 2014)
- Michael W. Foss, Reviving the Congregation: Pastoral Leadership in a Changing Context (Fortress Press, 2014)
- Sung-Sup Kim, Deus providebit: Calvin, Schleiermacher, and Barth on the Providence of God (Fortress Press, 2014)
- Goran Gunner and Robert O. Smith, eds., Comprehending Christian Zionism: Perspectives in Comparison (Fortress Press, 2014)
- Neil Ormerod, A Public God: Natural Theology Reconsidered (Fortress Press, 2015)
- Joshua D. Genig, Viva Vox: Rediscovering the Sacramentality of the Word Through the Annunciation (Fortress Press, 2015)
- Niels Henrik Gregersen, ed., Incarnation: On the Scope and Depth of Christology (Fortress Press, 2015)
- Karen V. Guth, Christian Ethics at the Boundary: Feminism and Theologies of Public Life (Fortress Press, 2015)
- Jon Diefenthaler, ed., The Paradox of Church and World: Selected Writings of H. Richard Niebuhr (Fortress Press, 2015)
- Aaron Sherwood, The Word of God Has Not Failed: Paul’s Use of the Old Testament in Romans 9 (Lexham Press, 2015)
- Beth Felker Jones and Jeffrey W. Barbeau, eds., The Image of God in an Image Driven Age: Explorations in Theological Anthropology (IVP Academic, 2016)
- Brian Han Gregg, What Does the Bible Say About Suffering? (IVP Academic, 2016)
Books I Have Proofread
- Thomas Guarino, Vincent of Lérins and the Development of Christian Doctrine (Baker Academic, 2013)
- William S. Kurz, SJ, Acts of the Apostles (Catholic Commentary on Sacred Scripture) (Baker Academic, 2014)
- J. R. Briggs, Fail: Finding Hope and Grace in the Midst of Ministry Failure (InterVarsity Press, 2014)
- G. K. Beale and Mitchell Kim, God Dwells Among Us: Expanding Eden to the Ends of the Earth (InterVarsity Press, 2014)
- John E. Stapleford, Bulls, Bears and Golden Calves, 3rd ed. (IVP Academic, 2015)
- Andrew Purves, Exploring Christology and Atonement: Conversations with John McLeod Campbell, H. R. Mackintosh and T. F. Torrance (IVP Academic, 2015)
- Peter Leithart, Delivered from the Elements of the World: Atonement, Justification, Mission (IVP Academic, 2016)
If you are looking for an editor, and the above description makes you think I would be a good fit, please contact me.